Tuesday, August 16, 2016
Verion 7.7! This is a big update! In this new Update the following tools are added:
SMBCrunch, HashTag, Miranda-UPNP, DMitry, WOL-E, American Fuzzy Lop, WMI Ops, AD Enumerator, Faraday (Update), EyeWitness, and Egress-Assess
The UI and Debian OS will also be updated as well. Again, to use the WT7-Updater, please check out this post and full tutorial: http://www.weaknetlabs.com/2016/07/wt7-updater-stable.html I have made the process as simple as possible, and after the first run, you can simply run it from the desktop menu!
Monday, July 11, 2016
WT7 Updater ToolThe WeakerThan Linux 7 updater tool is now stable. I have even written a script that will download the latest version of the installer tool, install it into the desktop menu, and even run the first update after getting the user's consent. To run the script simply do the following from the command line:
[email protected]:~ # wget https://weaknetlabs.com/linux/update-wt/wt7-update-init.sh
[email protected]:~ # chmod +x wt7-update-init.sh
[email protected]:~ # ./wt7-update-init.sh
WT Update 7.6
This is is the largest tools update I have done thus far (including during ISO development!). Here is a list of some of the tools that get installed:
- DynamoRIO - https://github.com/DynamoRIO/dynamorio
- DynStruct - https://github.com/ampotos/dynStruct
- BURP Suite - https://portswigger.net/burp/
- ExploitPack - http://exploitpack.com/
- MimiKittenz - https://github.com/putterpanda/mimikittenz
- Faraday - https://github.com/lostisland/faraday
- EvilGrade - https://github.com/infobyte/evilgrade
- Arachni - https://github.com/Arachni/arachni
- PWNat - https://github.com/samyk/pwnat
- Mallory - https://github.com/intrepidusgroup/mallory
- SSLyze - https://github.com/iSECPartners/sslyze
- Go lang - https://golang.org/
- TLS Prober - https://github.com/WestpointLtd/tls_prober
- MetaGooFil - https://github.com/laramies/metagoofil
- PWN Tools - https://github.com/Gallopsled/pwntools
- Pyew - https://github.com/joxeankoret/pyew
- Mass Scan - https://github.com/robertdavidgraham/masscan
The update also includes an OS (Debian) update, UI tweaks, and all tools in /pwnt/ are updated. The update tool will randomly change your desktop wallpaper, but this is just to show that the update has been applied and is not permanent. If you do anything to X, such as change resolution or restart it, your original wallpaper is returned. One part I really enjoy about development for WT is the art. The screenshot above and the wallpaper that comes with the WT-7.6 update was a (huge) poster image that I made. I have also updated the Thank you app and if you get a chance, check out the theme song I made in the app! It's the self-titled track from my CD "Unsolved Mysteries" :)
If you want anything added to future updates, please send me an email WeakNetLabs~[@]~Gmail and I will do my best to get it added. I want to finish writing Entify-PM the package manager that works with apt for InfoSec tools, and this is a big step in that direction.
Friday, July 1, 2016
WT7-UpdaterFrom this point on, you can update your base version of WT using my new tool found here: GitHUB - WeakNetLabs WT7-Updater. When I initially develop a new ISO, I intend to have it tested and simply ran along-side of your current OS either in VMWare or on a USB flash drive, at least until the development is finished, but I got a huge amount of requests via FB/Twitter/Google+/Email/etc for an updater script so I decided it was time to start writing one.
cd /tmp/ && git clone https://github.com/weaknetlabs/wt7-updater
This tool will:
- install the updater tool into
- check the file
/etc/wt-version, if not there create one with "7.0"
- check the latest version on my server
- then download any necessary updates after prompting the user
Screenshot: WT7-Updater tool updating WT7 from 7.1 to 7.5
Screenshot: After updating to 7.5, the installer will be available in the desktop menu.
What gets updated in 7.5?The features list will be shown or each update attempt after update 7.5. in 7.5 you will get:
- OS and all General Applications updated to latest version in Debain repositories
- All penetration testing tools in
/pwntupdated using their respective git repositories
- Metasploit/All Ruby gems updated, including bundler
- Grub2 gets updated and new splash screen, if this is not working, run
vbeinfofrom Grub2 to see your available resolutions.
- New UI design updates/Thank You also updated
- New tools added to the Penetration Testing and Reverse Engineering menus
- OS tweaks for init scripts
- Development cruft removal from FS
- WBAR updated and stored on remote server for future updates
Screenshot: 7.5 Update to Grub2; image, theme, and 1024x768 resolution!
To see the full script that get's downloaded you can just download it here: https://weaknetlabs.com/linux/update-wt/7.5.txt. Well, I hope you enjoy the update process and if you hit any snags PLEASE comment here, email me, or even make a ticket in GitHUB for the project (preferred) :)